Do you wanted to know what is boot camp project management? If it is so then read this article, you will find here all the things related to boot camp. To earn your PMP credential, you need to have certain education and experience.
Boot camp will help you in gaining your certification. This will fulfill your dream if chosen under right circumstances. So let’s see whether the boot camp is for you or not.
What Is Boot Camp?
Generally, PMP boot camp is a training provided to the PMP aspirant to prepare for the exam. This is a very strict training for 3-4 days. For a serious exam like PMP boot camp training is a good option. Those who are preparing for PMP needs proper study plan and no distraction. To keep you away from distraction and prepare for the exam seriously boot camp training really works.
PMP Boot camp provides you 35 contact hours training. Which is one the requirement of PMP. So this serves you two purpose one that it provides you 35 contact hours and second it prepares you for the exam.
What You Should Know About Boot Camp Project Management?
Boot camp provides and accelerated path towards your exam success. As it provides you a serious study time with no distraction and full commitment. In boot camp you generally have to pay the fee in advance this keeps you more motivated. As you spend your money this makes you willing to spend your concentration. This sounds funny but actually it is true. Some more feature of boot camp are as follows :-
- Boot camp has small batches.
- Provide practical study solutions.
- Experts provides mock tests to be solved by you.
- You will be evaluated at the end of training.
- Quizzes after every topic.
How Long And How Much The Boot Camp Will Take?
PMP boot camp generally ranges from some hundred dollar to some thousand dollar. Some boot camp have a money back guarantee if you didn’t clear the exam. This depends on the training program different training program have different conditions.
Employers consider this as an incentive to boost the knowledge and providing a proper time frame for study seriously with no bars. You have to pay only after you clear the exam. So check before you go for any boot camp. Every training provider has their own terms and conditions.
What Is The Boot Camp Scenario?
Passing percentage for boot camps is approximately 99 percent. There are many good training providers whose passing percentage of boot camp training is 99 percent. While there are some exceptional training providers whose passing percentage is very low. Because they didn’t follow the proper study preparation pattern and lack in some other things too.
Many candidates read the PMBOK guide to understand the project management concepts before joining the boot camp. So that they can focus on the topics which they didn’t understand properly.
It is advised to take some other study material guide also to make your preparation best don’t just overall really on boot camp training only. Book your exam slot after a couple of week or may be earlier after your boot camp training so that your studying will not get waste.
Is Boot Camp For Everyone?
You might want to pick a study plan that suits your life style. Sometimes boot camp doesn’t go well with your requirements. Boot camp is conducted at certain locations at certain timings. So its hard to grab your choice of place and time always. Sometimes its too far and sometimes its too early or too late. These issues makes boot camp an inconvenient option for you.
Boot camp is a rigorous training period that conducts training of 4-5 days. During this training you need constant concentration to memorise the whole content in such a short span of time. It’s hard to remember the whole content in such less time. This training focuses more on passing the exam then giving knowledge for your personal and professional growth.
If you are some one who wants to pass the exam then this is definitely for you. But if you want to become a better project manager and wanted to gain knowledge about project management concepts then take help from other sources too. As this may not fulfil all your purpose.
As it is rightly said one thing can’t provide you everything. We all are different individuals and different purposes so boot camp is suitable for some individuals and may be not for others. Its totally depend on your choice.
Research About The Provider
When you are investing your time and money in boot camp then it’s your right and duty to investigate or research about the training provider. There are some points that I we are providing so to make you sure that your training is a trusted one.
– What is the total fee and additional cost components.
– Is a copy of PMBOK guide provided as part of the training?
– Is there a money back-guarantee? If so then under what precise conditions.
– Who is the instructor? What is his/her experience in project management.
– What preparation materials are used?
– How many days and how many total hours does the boot camp class include?
– If the boot camp is a physical class then does it also supplemented by online resources?
Things To Do Before And After Boot Camp
If you are decided to take boot camp training then also go for these steps before your boot camp or may be after your boot camp.
- Read the PMBOK guide twice or may be thrice to understand the concept properly and thoroughly. It may look tedious to understand the PMBOK guide concepts but once you get them it will be easy for you to understand further concepts. And this will also help you to understand the concepts during the training.
- Make notes specially for those topics that you find difficult to understand. So to revise them later when your exam is near.
- Don’t wait for too long after you complete your boot camp training. Schedule your exam accordingly otherwise you will start forgetting the concepts which you have learnt during the boot camp.
If you want to crack PMP then boot camp is a good option to crack the exam. We have described the details above. Decide effectively by considering all the points. Whether boot camp is for you not.
Over To You
What are your views about boot camp? Is it really worth it investing time and money in boot camp? Have you gone through the boot camp experience. Please write us in the comment section below.