You know that there are many advantages of PMP certification. You understand its value for your job and career. You have been thinking of doing it for a while. But, somehow, you have been postponing the exam prep.
You might have many other personal, social, and professional commitments. You are just not able to devote time to prepare for the PMP exam. This post might change your priorities. We have written this post to identify and list the top benefits of PMP credential.
Top Advantages Of PMP Certification
We did a small research on the Internet. We wanted to find out the top benefits of doing the PMP certification. We wanted to answer why it is important to pursue PMP certification.
We looked at various websites and compiled top 5 reasons for becoming PMP.
- Naukri.com is the leading job portal in India. It keeps track of education/skills that are being most sought after by companies. It says that number 1 reason for doing pursuing the credential is that “It is globally accepted”. Here is a small quote from their article.
With a PMP certification, you will be able to speak the global language of project management. It is globally recognised and accepted; leaving you out of the hassle of understanding new practices when you work in different regions of the world. Your skills will remain relevant across the globe.
- Bright Hub Project Management is the one of the oldest blog in PM arena. It says number 1 reason is “PMP Credentials Set You Apart“. Here is a small quote from the article.
If you’ve gone through the process of obtaining PMP Certification, you have a standardized knowledge set – and the credentials to prove it. When applying for a job against competitors, having the credentials in hand will put you ahead of those who do not.
- Shine.com is another leading job portal in India. It says that IT an Software Engineering jobs are one of the highest paying jobs in India and PMP is a sought after skill by the employers.
- Entangled.com is very popular certification blog. It lists number 1 reason for doing certification as “PMP certification looks great on resume”. Here is a small quote from the article.
PMP certification can beef up a resume, and can make the difference between getting a job as a project manager and being passed over in favor of someone else (likely someone who is PMP certified). What’s more, many employers require PMP certification of their project managers, and will not hire non-certified project managers.
- PM-by-PM is a one of the top 3 blog globally on PMP. It is maintained by our strategy advisor, Praveen Malik. He says having PMP entails “Higher Earning Potential”. Here is a small quote from the article.
PMP certification provides a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential.
There are many other certifications available today. Each one has its own place in the industry. But somehow, PMP has stood the test of the time. It has remained popular over the years.
PMP certification has immense value in 2018 in immediate foreseeable future. You should prioritize over other things and take the exam this year.
Don’t Wait! The time does not stop for anyone.