A good PMP Bootcamp provides a solid foundation for successfully passing the PMP exam in the first try.
PMExperto has made its name by running hundreds of such camps. Many certification aspirants have utilized our services to pass the certification test.
Hey! What is a boot camp?
Some people say it is a fancy name from classroom training. But, it is much more than simple training. It is a rigorous workshop that provides the right blend of instructions and hands-on exercises. It goes beyond 35 contact hours of project management education and prepares the students to face an extremely tough credential exam.
If you are looking for serious PMP preparation, then you should attend a good PMP bootcamp. But, don’t fall for gimmicks. You should be careful before enrolling into a PMP course.
Many PMP companies sell regular classroom training as a bootcamp. Some even go to the extent of calling their online program like a boot camp. You should carefully evaluate if a course is worthy of being called a boot camp.
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of a PMP bootcamp. We will also talk about the basic features of a boot camp and how it is different from regular classroom training. After reading this post, you would know how to choose a good boot camp.
How Is PMP Bootcamp Different From A Regular Training?
About Regular Training
The regular training covers the five process groups that are Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing. These processes are defined by the PMBOK guide. These process groups are very important as it is also part of PMP requirements.
You must have knowledge of these 5 process group defined by the PMBOK guide. The training consists of 47 processes and their interaction. What would be the inputs, techniques, and process you used to perform the process to get the desired output.
You will also get to know how the 5 processes and 10 knowledge areas interact with each other. Tips and tricks to crack PMP exam are also being taught. Some trainers will give you tests to check your knowledge and understanding of the concept.
About PMP Boot camp
In addition to the regular classroom training, the PMP Boot camp is a very strict workshop. For an exam like PMP, you must take a training which is taught by experts and seriously monitored. This thorough training prepares you for the PMP exam.
Did you know how boot camp concept was started and what it means? It means the basic training provided to new army recruits, which is very intensive, thorough and disciplined. It helps them to understand the basics properly.
A PMP boot camp gives you the 35 contact hours of project management education. And prepared you well for the exam.
Let’s talk about the important features of Bootcamp:-
• PMP Bootcamp has small batches. Being aspirants this is a very big advantage for you. You will get good chances to interact with your professionals. Ask for your queries and clear your doubts easily. Good exposure to the study material.
• PMP Boot camp provides practical study solutions. In regular classes, you will not get such exposure. In PMP Bootcamp case studies of the different project is explained well. To get practical exposure to projects.
• In the Boot camp workshop the experts provide you different mock tests that will be solved by you and gives you good confidence to face the exam. These mock tests are provided at the end of your sessions so that you will memorize everything.
• You will be evaluated by your experts based on your performance and consistency during the workshop. And this feedback will help you to know whether you are ready for the exam or not.
• In Bootcamp workshop, you will get quizzes to be solved after every topic you covered. This way your preparation goes really well. And this will boost your confidence as well.
Why A PMP Bootcamp Is The Best Way To Get 35 Contact Hours?
You must be knowing about the requirements of the PMP examination. 35 contact hours is one of the requirements for the PMP exam. So, when it comes to 35 contact hours it means that you need formal training of 35 contact hours. Bootcamp is one of the ways to get your training done by experts.
There are certain organizations that conduct the PMP Bootcamp for 4-5 days. During boot camp, you are taught about the concepts of project management. These concepts are based on the PMBOK guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
When I said the Bootcamp training is intense and thorough it actually means “It is”. It’s hard to find time for 4-5 days and sit for so long about 12-6 hours per day to get the full training program. If you are sure that you can find this much of time and have patience too then go for boot camp. If you want to make sure that your education for project management is internalized then go for it.
But if you are not able to make up your time then go for PMP Bootcamp online. If you have a career break, you want to be quickly certified. The PMP certification from PMI will give you an advantage over others. PMI survey says that certified PMP professional will get a 20% higher salary than the non-certified ones.
Advantages Of A PMP Bootcamp
Some of the benefits are-:
1. The Best Use of Your Time- if you are on vacation or having a career break and want to make good use of your time. Then PMP boot camp is a good choice. It is a good way for an uninterrupted and focused study. But before making commitments make sure boot camp schedule must match with your time. There is also a cap on the number of students. So think well.
2. High Motivation To Pass The Exam – You have to pay the fee in advance for your scheduled session. This makes you more motivated as your money is at stake.
3. The Best Preparation- The study material which is provided in the boot camp is worth it. You will get a copy of the text of the PMOBOK guide. Which is the big resource of preparation? And you will get different study material that will help you in your study for the exam preparation.
4. Coaching From An Expert– there is less number of people in the classroom so you will get more attention and good gathering. The facilitators give you good guide and tips regarding the exam. Even after the classroom, some of the coaches make them available through emails and via other means for students who need help.
5. Post Workshop Support- You will get access to ask questions and your doubts even after your classroom course. This way you will get a lot of queries solved with no time wasted.
Disadvantages Of A PMP Bootcamp
Some of the drawbacks are-:
1. It May Seem Expensive- The boot camp training program is expensive as compared to other options. As it is the best way of training. It is a viable option if time is more valuable to you than money.
2. It May Be Inconvenient for Some – As they are not organized everywhere unless you live in some large urban area. The 3-5 days boot camp will require traveling and hotel accommodations. For those who have families and job it really difficult for them. So you have to manage before scheduling you Bootcamp dates.
3. Limited schedule and openings- As it is already noted that boot camp conducts in some large urban areas. The boot camp has limited space and offer sessions at a particular time of year. This will make difficult as may or may not be your schedule matches with the session timing.
Over to you
What you will think about the PMP boot camp. Is it helpful? Let us know about your views in the comment section below.